Monday, May 31, 2010

My band of the week!

Indie/Folk



French indie outfit Hey Hey My My is Julien Garnier and Julien Gaulier. The Parisian duo share songwriting and composition duties and, to date, have released a handful of EPs and their debut self-titled LP over the last 4 years.

The two turned their attention recently to their sophomore effort, A Sudden Change Of Mood, which was released last month. They follow in the footsteps of fellow Parisian breakouts Phoenix by straddling the line between mainstream pop and the DIY nature of folk and indie-rock.

Forming in early 2005, the duo both write and compose folk/country glossed pop songs similar to Nick Drake, Frank Black, and Paul McCartney.

Check out a couple tracks from their new album "A Sudden Change of Mood" down below. As with all those up-and-coming bands, I HIGHLY recommend going over to iTunes to buy it, instead of illegal downloading :)

Hey Hey My My - Oh Lord!

Hey Hey My My - Not Fun Anymore


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...