Saturday, May 21, 2011

A beaut from Cavan on Other Voices




Lisa O' Neill, from Ballyhaise, Cavan, writes her own songs throwing in the occasional cover, naming Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave, Joni Mitchell, Woody Guthrie, Lead Belly, the Everly Brothers, Simon and Garfunkel and The Dubliners as influences, she describes her music as folk, pointing out that this means writing songs about the people. "Whether I'm writing about my own life or what I see around me, it is folk music, though some people would have different ideas about what folk is," says Lisa, adding that her influences are "storytellers".




Previously mentioned

1 comment:

  1. She's very good...her voice reminds me lots of Nanci Griffith
    http://youtu.be/MhXFzM6y-Xc

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...